The Cayman GT4 Clubsport is bound to the tradition that Porsche has cultivated since day one; a restatement of everything that distinguishes Porsche as a brand and a reinforcement of its strong motorsport heritage.
The Cayman GT4 Clubsport is powered by a 3.8-litre flat-six engine. The racing version features a Porsche‘s double clutch transmission with shift paddles on the steering wheel and a mechanical rear-axle locking differential. The spring-strut front suspension is taken from its larger 911 GT3 Cup brother, which competes in Porsche’s 20 one-make championships around the world. The impressive racing brake system is fitted with steel brake discs all round measuring 380-millimetre in diameter. Tipping the scales at just 1,300 kilograms, the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, delivered ex-works with a welded-in safety cage, a racing bucket seat as well as a six-point harness, is truly lightweight.
The Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is expected to be seen on events within the South East Asia in 2017 through campaigns by Porsche Asia Pacific. Further enquiries can be made to Sime Darby Auto Performance.
Introduction to Porsche Driving Programme
SDAP is focusing to improve the customer experience and sports car fascination for its 4-door sports car customers. New vehicles registered in 2017 will receive a complimentary participation in the “Introduction to Porsche” driving programme at the Sepang International Circuit. New Porsche owners will be mentored by Porsche instructors to improve their driving skills in their very own Porsche. The program also includes a driving experience in 2-door sports car on the racetrack.
SDAP continues to offer new Porsche owners a comprehensive four-year warranty as well as a four-year free maintenance package which includes complimentary service.
The Performance Data Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (Type 981)
· Vehicle type Single-seater racing car, similar to series production
· Body Weight-optimised lightweight body in intelligent aluminium steel hybrid construction based on the Cayman GT4 (Type 981)
· On-board systems battery 12 V / 70 Ah battery in the passenger compartment
· Control systems Slick tyre-compatible electronic stability program, Bosch ABS with 12 adjustment levels, traction control
· Combustion engine Flat-six engine, adopted from the Cayman GT4
· Engine management Continental SDI 9 – engine control module
· Engine lubrication Integrated dry sump with Mobil1 motor oil
· Displacement 3,800 cm3
· Output 283 kW (385 PS)
· Drive type Rear wheel drive
· Transmission 6-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with optimised shift application
· Differential Racing-specific, mechanical rear differential lock
· Steering Electromechanical power steering
· Chassis Front axle: lightweight spring strut axle with wishbone and tie rod from the 911 GT3 Cup
· Rear axle lightweight spring strut axle from the Cayman GT4 with modified wishbone from the 911 GT3 Cup
· Brakes (front) Racing-specific hydraulic 2-circuit brake system, internally vented steel brake discs, D = 380 mm, one-piece 6-piston monobloc fixed callipers
· Brakes (rear) Racing-specific hydraulic 2-circuit brake system, internally vented steel brake discs, D = 380 mm, one-piece 4-piston monobloc fixed callipers
· Wheels 5-hole forged rims
· Rain tyres Michelin; tyre size: FA: 24/64-18, RA: 27/68-18
· Slick tyres Michelin; tyre size: FA: 25/64-18, RA: 27/68-18
· Length 4,438 mm
· Width 1,978 mm (FA)/2,002 mm (RA)
· Weight 1,300 kg
90 l series tank